I was born in London in 1985 and I still live there.
1. My debut novel Boxer, Beetle ("Exhilarating" - Sunday Times) was shortlisted for the Guardian First Book Award and the Desmond Elliott Prize and won the UK Writers' Guild Award and the Goldberg Prize for Outstanding Debut Fiction.
1.i try the first chapter
1.ii refer to the bibliography
2. My second novel The Teleportation Accident ("Extraordinary" - Sunday Times) was longlisted for the Man Booker Prize and the Premio Gregor von Rezzori and won the Encore Award and a Somerset Maugham Award. Following its publication I was named one of Granta's Best of Young British Novelists 2013.
2.i try the first chapter
2.ii refer to the readers' guide
3. My third novel Glow ("Dazzling" - Financial Times) was published in 2014.
3.i try the first chapter
3.ii refer to an FAQ
3.iii listen to a Spotify playlist of semi-recent music that helped inspire it
4. My fourth novel Madness Is Better Than Defeat ("Triumphant" - Financial Times) was published in 2018.
4.i try what might be the first chapter if the book had chapters
4.ii refer to an FAQ
5. My fifth novel Venomous Lumpsucker ("Brilliant" - Financial Times) won the Arthur C Clarke Award and was named the Sunday Times' Science Fiction Novel of the Year.
5.i try the first chapter
5.ii listen to a Spotify playlist of semi-recent music that helped inspire it
6. I have also written for the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, London Review of Books, Cabinet, Frieze, Dazed & Confused, Fantastic Man, BBC Radio 3 and 4, and various other places.
7. My email address is email@example.com. I am represented by Lutyens and Rubinstein (and, for film and television, by Casarotto).
photo by Alice Neale